Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace offers opportunities for lifelong faith formation.
As programs are developed, they will be added to this page, announced in the bulletin, and publicized in flyers.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please call the Office of Faith Formation,
(727) 896-2191, extension 207
Monday Night Bible Study
Little Rock Scripture Study is held via Zoom from 6:30 - 8 pm Monday nights.
The way the program goes is that we do the following:
- We first read the Scripture Readings for the next Sunday's Mass
- Then we watch a Lecture on video on the topic for the evening
- Then we discuss the questions in the Study Guide based on the readings for the week. We typically expect participants to do the weekly readings for the lessons to be covered in the next week.
- There is no cost for materials, but there are only a few spots available for this study.
- This group is an ongoing group and welcome new members who are looking for a serious Bible study and who also want to grow in community with this small group. Please contact Theresa Irwin for more information
Join us this Fall for the Ascension Press study, "What We Believe." This series is a 10 week overview of the Catholic Church and includes beautiful video presentations, reading and group discussion Don't wait! Materials sometimes sell out for these new studies.
We will offer this study on ZOOM on Wednesday mornings, but also hope to invite participants to a live gathering in the parish hall, same time.
Wednesdays, October 5 - December 14, 2022
10 AM - Noon
Full information on our Registration form:
The Order of Christian Initiation of Adults (Formerly the RCIA) is the process of prayer, preparation and sacrament by which we welcome new members to our Church. If you have not been baptized, this is for you! We also invite anyone who has been baptized in another faith tradition and would like to prepare for First Communion and Confirmation in the Catholic faith to contact us. The RCIA is available for both adults and children over the age of 8.
Participants meet on Sunday afternoons, 12:15 - 2:00 PM. We meet live in the parish center, and we ask that you bring your own lunch or snack to enjoy during our social time. We provide coffee, fellowship, prayer, teaching and discussion!
If you are ready to register, please download the form below and send it to Claudia at [email protected]
If you are not able to downlod and print, you can also fill in this online form and then call us for more information.
Children in the Initiation Ministry- If you have a child who is over age 6 and unbaptized, or who is baptized in another Christian faith tradition, and you would like that child to be received into the Catholic Church, please call us to discuss how this is done. M-Th, 9 am - 3 pm (727) 896-2191, extension 207.
Baptism of Infants and Children
Congratulations on your decision to have your child baptized at Saint Mary's.
There is a lot of preparation that goes into a baptism! Please contact us six months in advance so we can complete the necessary steps and schedule your child's baptism at a mutually convenient time.
- Parents must be registered and active members of Saint Mary's Church for at least 6 months.
- Complete the Baptism Registration Form
- Submit the Godparent Eligibility Form for qualified godparents at least one month before the Baptism.
- Attend the Parent/Godparent preparation class (live or online) Parents are required to attend. Godparents are welcome but not required.
Please call to register for a Baptism Parent Preparation class, 727-896-2191, extension 207
Children's Faith Formation Information 2021-2022
Learning about the Catholic faith and coming to be in relationship with Jesus through the Church is a lifelong adventure. Our Faith Formation program at Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace is an intergenerational program using the "A Family of Faith" materials published by Sophia Institute. The schedule for 2022-23 can be downloaded below. We accept children from Kindergarten through eighth grade. If you have an older child who needs Faith Formation or Confirmation, please contact our office to discuss alternatives. This year we will use the Sophia Institute "A Family of Faith" materials for all ages. This is a family based program and an adult must accompany the children to all sessions.
Classes are held on Sundays from 9:30 - 10:45 AM on the weeks indicated on the schedule. There is an optional free snack time from 9:15 - 9:30. Please arrive on time if your child wants to share in the snack!
What happens in our sessions?
- We learn about the Catholic Faith
- We pray and share our faith in Jesus Christ
- We hold outreach/service projects such as stuffing "Blessing Bags" for the homeless, backpacks for needy students, and Vitamins for Venezuela
- We learn traditional Catholic Prayers
- We enact Bible Stories
- We have fun learning the faith with our parents and grandparents!
We hold approximately TWO sessions per month. If your child misses a scheduled session, please contact Claudia to schedule a make up lesson.
Children who miss more than 2 sessions without making them up will be considered “incomplete” for the year.
By diocesan rules, children must complete two consecutive years in Faith Formation before they are eligible for Sacramental Preparation for First Holy Communion or Confirmation.This year, we will offer Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. Please contact our office right away to enroll in these programs.
CLASSES BEING ON SEPTEMBER 18 WITH A MANDATORY SAFE ENVIRONMENT PRESENTATION FOR ALL AGES AND A ZOOM MEETING FOR PARENTS.
Download the Emergency Medical Release form 2022-23 Please note that this form must be signed in the presence of a notary.
Download the Safe Environment Document for Parents 2022-2023 Edition - To be updated by September 1, 2022
Please direct any questions to:
Director of Faith Formation
(727) 896-2191, ext. 207