Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace offers opportunities for lifelong faith formation.
As programs are developed, they will be added to this page, announced in the bulletin, and publicized in flyers.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please call the Office of Faith Formation,
(727) 896-2191, extension 207
Monday Night Bible Study
Little Rock Scripture Study is held via Zoom from hosts, Jim and Connie Messina, 6:30 - 8 pm Monday nights.
The way the program goes is that we do the following:
- We first read the Scripture Readings for the next Sunday's Mass
- Then we watch a Lecture from the Little Rock staff on the topic for the evening
- Then we discuss the questions in the Study Guide based on the readings for the week. We typically expect participants to do the weekly readings for the lessons to be covered in the next week.
- There is no cost for materials, but there are only a few spots available for this study.
- This group is an ongoing group and welcome new members, and are looking for serious Bible study participants who also want to grow in community with this small group. Please contact Jim Messina for more information: [email protected]
RCIA is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. This is the process of prayer, preparation and sacrament by which we welcome new members to our Church. If you have not been baptized, RCIA is for you! We also invite anyone who has been baptized in another faith tradition and would like to prepare for First Communion and Confirmation in the Catholic faith to contact us. The RCIA is available for both adults and children over the age of 8.
RCIA meets on Monday evenings, 7 - 8:30 PM. During social distancing, we are meeting via Zoom.
If you need assistance, call Claudia at (727) 896-2191, extension 207.
If you are ready to register for RCIA, please download the form below and send it to Claudia at [email protected]
Children in the RCIA - If you have a child who is over age 6 and unbaptized, or who is baptized in another Christian faith tradition, and you would like that child to be received into the Catholic Church, please call us to discuss how this is done. M-Th, 9 am - 3 pm (727) 896-2191, extension 207.
Baptism of Infants and Children
Congratulations on your decision to have your child baptized at Saint Mary's.
There is a lot of preparation that goes into a baptism! Please contact us six months in advance so we can complete the necessary steps and schedule your child's baptism at a mutually convenient time. At this time of church construction and social distancing, we are deferring Baptisms until November 2020 or later.
- Parents must be registered and active members of Saint Mary's Church for at least 6 months.
- Complete the Baptism Registration Form
- Submit the Godparent Eligibility Form for qualified godparents at least one month before the Baptism.
- Attend the Parent/Godparent preparation class (live or online)
Please call to register for a Baptism Parent Preparation class, 727-896-2191, extension 207
Children's Faith Formation Information 2020-2021
Learning about the Catholic faith and coming to be in relationship with Jesus through the Church is a lifelong adventure. Our Faith Formation program at Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace is an intergenerational program blending at-home study under the supervision of the parents/grandparents with a monthly gathered session and a monthly catechist-led online session. We use the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies and trained catechists lead the sessions listed below. Parents are responsible for conducting weekly lessons at home using the Pflaum materials - both print and digital.
In 2020, because of the dangers of gathered meetings, Saint Mary will offer online classes for ALL grade levels. We are hoping to have a couple of live sessions in the parish parking lot, or at least a drive-through to pick up materials in November. Changes in the schedule will be directly communicated to registered families.
If your child misses a scheduled session, please contact Claudia to schedule a make up lesson.
Children who miss more than 2 sessions without making them up will be considered “incomplete” for the year.
By diocesan rules, children must complete two consecutive years in Faith Formation before they are eligible for Sacramental Preparation for
First Holy Communion or Confirmation.
Download the REGISTRATION FORM for K-8th grade students
Download the Emergency Medical Release form. Please note that this form must be signed in the presence of a notary.
Download the 2020-2021 Faith Formation Schedule for all grades
Director of Faith Formation
(727) 896-2191, ext. 207