Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace offers opportunities for lifelong faith formation.
As programs are developed, they will be added to this page,
announced in the bulletin, and publicized in flyers.
If you have any questions or suggestions,
please call the Office of Faith Formation,
(727) 896-2191, extension 207.
Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
September 11 – October 30, 2018, Tuesday (Evening Study) 7-8:30 pm Register here for the evening study
September 12 – October 31, 2018, Wednesday (Daytime Study) 10 – 11:30 am Register here for the daytime study.
This eight-part study provides the easiest way to understand the Bible. Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible makes the complex simple. It helps you uncover the story woven throughout Scripture so that you can get the “big picture” of the Bible and understand what it is all about. The Bible is a story about the Father’s unfailing love for you - a love that you are now called to share with others.
- Make sense of the Bible and see how it relates to your everyday life
- Discover the remarkable connections between the Old and New Testaments
- See how the sacraments, the Church and our entire Catholic Faith is rooted in Scripture
… and much more!
Watch a promotional video for Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible HERE.
Monday evenings, 7 - 8:30 PM
RCIA is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. This is the process of prayer and preparation by which we welcome new members to our Church.
If you have not been baptized, RCIA is for you! We also invite anyone who would like to prepare for First Communion and Confirmation in the Catholic faith to contact us.
Please call us if you are interested in attending a Bible Study. Groups form as there is an interest.
Congratulations on your decision to have your child baptized at Saint Mary's.
Please contact the parish office, 727-896-2191 to register for Baptism
and for our parent preparation class.
- Parents must be registered members of Saint Mary's Church for at least 6 months.
- Parents must be active members of Saint Mary's, contributing their time, talent or treasure.
- Parents must attend a one-time Baptism Preparation Class.
- Godparents are always invited to join the preparation class, too.
We welcome parents who wish to have their child baptized!
Please contact us to register for Baptism.
Parent Preparation Class dates are on Wednesday evenings from 6-7:30 pm on the following dates. It is only necessary to attend one class. We invite godparents to attend our preparation classes as well.
September 12, 2018 is the next class.
To register, please call
727-896-2191, extension 207
Please allow six months to plan your child's baptism.
Family Faith Formation
Click here to download the registration form.
Click here to download our Parent/Student Handbook.
Learning about the Catholic faith and coming to be in relationship with Jesus through the Church is a lifelong adventure. At Saint Mary's, parents and children attend a monthly session and parents share the faith at home with bishop-approved materials that we provide.
Faith Formation Schedule 2018 – 2019
2018-2019 This year’s theme is Building a Holy Catholic Family. Each month we will explore a different aspect of building a Catholic Family. Parents will receive reading material* each month to supplement the lessons in Faith Formation.
9/16/18 – Opening session: Prayer
Praying together, Discipline in the family as a sign of love and guidance, obedience to God, Grace, God our Father, Mary our Mother.
Resources: CPKH: Building Stronger Families* and Biblical Wisdom for Marriage CU
10/14/18 – Parents and Marriage, Covenant relationships. What is your family faith genealogy? What helps us hold on to our faith in the family? Accompaniment through life. Relationships. The Trinity as a model of relationship. Family faith traditions.
Resource: Pope Francis on Love in the Family CU*
Copy of The Joy of Love (Pope Francis) *
11/11/18 – Safe Environment Training – REQUIRED for all students
Resource: How to Raise Kids With Faith CU*
12/9/18 – Holy Family: Jesus as a child in a family. Christmas and feast of Holy Family and Immaculate Conception; Obedience to God, Holiness, Virtue.
Resource: Seeing Family Life as Holy, Warts and All CU*
1/13/19 – New Year’s Faith Resolutions and Family Faith Sharing
Faith sharing in your family. A pattern for faith-sharing. Family service project. Evangelization – what does it mean?
Resource: Faith Sharing in the Family CU*
2/10/19 – Forgiveness in the Church and in the Family
Jesus died for our sins. The Paschal Mystery. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit, God forgives our sins, the priest gives us God’s forgiveness, we make peace at Mass.
Resource: Learning to Forgive CU*
3/10/19 – Vocations
What is a vocation? (ordained, vowed religious, married, single…) Sacraments at the service of Communion
Resource: Catholic Vision of Family Life CU*
4/14/19 – Palm Sunday, Easter
Eternal life, Resurrection, Easter Season and its feasts. Final Assessment handed out.
5/19/19 – Reflection on First Communion and lessons learned during the year. Closing session.
Sacramental Preparation Schedule 2018-2019
- 12/2/18 – FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 1, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Catholic Parent Know How: Preparing Your Child for First Reconciliation
- 12/16/18 – FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 2, 9:00 – 10:30
- 1/6/19 – FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 3. 9:00 – 10:30
- 1/13/19 - FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 4, 9 – 10:30
- 2/10/18 - FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 5, 9 – 10:30
- 2/24/19 - FIRST RECONCILIATION SESSION 6, 9:00 – 10:30 am Sunday
- Saturday 3/2 – Celebration of First Reconciliation, Saturday, 10 am. ALL FF FAMILIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Spring Break March 9 – 17, 2019. If you will be absent during Spring Break, please see Claudia for instruction on how to make up the missed sessions.
- 3/10/19 – FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 1, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Catholic Parent Know How: Preparing Your Child for First Communion
- 3/17/19 – FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 2, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- 3/24/19 – FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 3, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- 4/7/19 – FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 4, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- 4/14/19 – Palm Sunday/ FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 5, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- 4/28/19 – FIRST COMMUNION SESSION 6, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Sunday, May 5, 2019 – First Communion at 11:00 Mass followed by a reception in the parish Hall. ALL FF FAMILIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND.
Director of Faith Formation
(727) 896-2191, ext. 207