March for Life information 2020
The Office of Youth and Young Adults of the Diocese of Saint Petersburg accompanies young folks to the Washington, DC March For Life. Here is the information we have about this upcoming event in 2020. This information is current as of August 6, 2019. Please call Ryan at the Diocesan Office if you need more information. 727-344-1611.
• Thursday, January 23 through Sunday, January 26, 2020
• We will be booking flights as the prices drop. Helping us to know your range of numbers will be beneficial in trying to secure the ideal number of seats on the plane(s).
• Hotel: Key Bridge Marriott, 1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209
• We will be attempting to secure tickets to the Youth Rally at the Capital One Arena (formerly the Verizon Center). We will then attempt to march together. Outside of that full Friday morning, your groups are free to explore the DC Metro area. We can assist you in putting together a full weekend itinerary.
• $300 per person (assuming quad occupancy)
-This consists of: $85 for hotel and $215 (estimate) for airfare.
-Each hotel room is budgeted at $340 (thus $85 per person). If rooms do not have four people in them, the difference in price is reallocated accordingly.
• By September 30th, send Ryan Phelan an email with your number along with the assurance that a non-refundable deposit of $100 per person is in the mail. RMP@dosp.org
• If you determine after September 30th, that you may be able to join us or add numbers to your groups please know that space is not guaranteed nor are the original prices.
• Non-refundable balance is due November 30th. Along with the balance you must submit:
o Legal names and birthdays for all attendees.
o Preferred rooming list for your group
Weather Emergency Plan:
• This is not meant to scare you or any participating members of your school or parish, but instead it is meant to protect both the Diocese and your ministry. You are encouraged to share this information with your young people prior to their registration. The receipt of their non-refundable September 30th deposit will be an indication of their acceptance of this plan.
o Here is our emergency plan:
If snow is in the forecast, we are still going. Those participating are free to cancel their trip; however, no refund will be given.
If a weather related State of Emergency is declared in Washington, DC prior to our departure, we will cancel our trip. However, we cannot promise any refunds at this time. (We do have an “Act of God” clause in our hotel contract, which would most likely take effect. As far as airlines, we might be eligible for a refund or a credit on a future flight.)
If we are in Washington, DC and snow forces us to stay an extra day or more, each person is responsible for their share of the rooming cost, which may be higher than the current price. Payment would be due two weeks upon our return.